Saturday, February 14, 2009

First Signs of a Failing Economy


A few days ago, I read something in the Star that disproved my theory on the current economic situation. If you've been following my blog, you'll notice that I don't think there is anything wrong with the economy. Well, I concede - I was wrong because a 16-year-old student showed up at this interview despite being stabbed earlier in the day.
"Staff at the King West Vets veterinary clinic said the Central Commerce Collegiate student showed up on time for his 1 p.m. co-op placement interview."
By the way, they went through with the interview and then called the police. Worse, they couldn't even tell him if he got the job! These capitalists make me sick.
"He did really well on the interview and we were very proud of him for sticking to the appointment," said veterinarian Kent Ackerman. He wouldn't say if the student will get the job."
I sure hope he got the job.