Friday, April 3, 2009

Baseball cap shopping, Recession edition

I need to buy a new cap because my old one is worn out. If you didn't know already, I try to push my clothing to the limit and don't necessarily replace them unless it's deemed hazard to public health.

I shopped around and found this...


It's a retro Toronto Blue Jays baseball cap from their glory days back in 90s. I figure, if I am going to buy a cap, I might as well buy a baseball cap. Anyway, when I saw it, I knew I had to have it - so I made it a priority to check it out the next time I went to the mall. Let's fast forward a little bit..

I held the cap in my hand and turned it over, the price tag read, $35.99. In the famous words of my boss: W-T-F? Since when are baseball caps 40 bucks?! I mean, this fabric that wraps around your head?!?!

Whatever, I'm more mad that no one told me the recession is over.

Editor's Note: See this cap @ http://www.lids.com/pid/20109500
Editor's Note2: Wait until you see my article on the Dell Adamo.