Monday, January 26, 2009

Signaling at a Right Turn Only Lane

I was coming out of the gas station one time and saw a right turn only sign. There was a median in the middle of the road to prevent cars from turning left, so I turned right and without signaling. My dad asked me why I didn't signal and I replied "Because I don't have to! What else was I going to do? Turn left?"

Now, it's never a smart idea to talk back to your traditional Asian parents, but I did anyway. I still stand by it today because it makes no sense. It's stupid to signal at a right-turn only lane when we only have two signals. No one would signal left unless they were doing something illegal and I didn't need to signal right because I was going to do it anyways. So next time you see a right turn only sign, remember to not signal.



Editor's Note: You have to signal right if there is an option to go straight. Use your own judgment when pulling off this stunt. Side effects include nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach and diarrhea. You may also get a ticket. The author bears not liable for the consequences of your action. Exercise caution when attempting to be a smartass.